I keep thinking that because I’m moving on Tuesday, I have plenty of time to get things done. But then I remember that I’ll be in Washington all day on Tuesday, so I can’t do anything that day.
And I’ll also be there all day on Monday. And on Sunday I will be at work from 9am to 9:30pm. And tomorrow I will be out of the house from 8am until 10pm. So I’m basically moving today. Oh good.
Here’s the list of what HAS to get done today. I have no idea if it’s reasonable. Especially considering it’s 10:30 and I just woke up.
(1) Take a shower. While in shower, clean shower.
(2) Clean the bathrooms. Empty and wash trash baskets, fill toilet paper rolls and soap dispensers, wash showers and tubs, vacuum carpets and walls, stone polish floors and showers, windex mirrors and windows, lysol wash for baseboards and light switch plates, pack all stuff, wipe down inside all drawers, clean toilets, clean toilet brushes and plungers.
(3) Finish my expense reports. I have four weeks of looming expense reports here, with piles of receipts all over my desk.
(4) Submit billing for the last 2 weeks. This takes about an hour in our online system.
(5) Mandatory online work training. 2-hour training for new curriculum. Boo.
(6) New client meeting. 2 hours with a new client means driving downtown, parking, and probably a half-hour of going over her intake data to tailor our meeting to her needs.
(7) 4 calls. Call other new client for intake meeting, call carpet cleaners, call prospective client, and call the travel agent.
(8) 10 emails. Doesn’t include the easy emails. These are all sort-of-big asks. Bleh.
(9) Finish insurance paperwork. I have about an hour’s worth of insurance paperwork to finish and then mail.
(10) Finish taxes. My personal taxes are almost done, but Schedule C (the small business portion) is looming. I’m hoping that I can do it in 3 hours. I also want to amend my 2009 and 2010 tax forms.
(11) Chinatown shopping. I need something from a store in Chinatown, which is fairly near work. Hopefully I can get it while I’m downtown instead of going out twice.
(12) Vacuum entire house. Carpets, stairs, crevices, walls, corners, drapes, sofas… you can tell I’m really looking forward to it.
(13) Laundry. Simply put, every piece of cloth in the house has to be clean except for one towel. Including the rags. Another good time!
(14) Windows. All the windows, mirrors, and glass surfaces in the house need to be Windexed.
(15) Home Depot. I need a few things for the yard, so a Home Depot stop is necessary today.
Anything else is just going to have to get done tomorrow. Yesterday I packed all our things (except the office) and polished all the furniture, plus doing a first stab at vacuuming and cleaning up. So it’s moving along, but there is still a LOT to do. Like the actual moving – when is THAT going to happen? No idea.
Okay, here we go!
You may also like these posts: